Saturday, June 30, 2007

Yoga in Ponti

This is the one-month anniversary of my trip in Indonesia - time has flown!

Today is Sunday. This morning I attended a yoga class taught by a visiting yoga instructor from Jakarta. She is Iyengar trained, and the class was quite different from any I’ve taken before – no flow, but lots of prop poses. The second half of the class the students (who were mostly Indonesian and Chinese women) teamed up in pairs to do some partner yoga exercises. I learned some cool tricks, as did my partner, a young Indonesian man who works at the gym and who was apparently shocked speechless to have me as a partner because he barely said a word during the whole hour we stretched together.

This afternoon I will go to the wedding of a friend of one of my coworkers. The happy couple is Muslim, and I’m expecting this will be very different from any wedding I’ve been to in the past...

No comments: