Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Yogyakarta

Yogyakarta (pronounced jog-ja-karta) is a wonderful change after smokey, busy Jakarta. I'm here for a week to study Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian Language) at Realia Indonesia. Upon arrival via airplane from Jakarta, one of the Realia teachers picked me up at the airport, and drove me to my home stay, which is located about 1 minute from the language school.

Sadly, I'll have homework again (and only a few weeks after finishing finals)! But on the other hand I'll be much better at communicating with the many friendly people who live in Indonesia.

Sampai Jumpa - will write more tomorrow after class.
kim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, We've been enjoying your blog! Hope the language lessons are going well. We bought a Lonely Planet Indonesia book to find out more about where you are and where you are going to be. Up to the cabin this weekend.
Love, Mom