Sunday, December 16, 2007

Back in the US

I'm writing from Chicago, where it is 4:30 pm Chicago time and 6:30 am Pontianak time. I've spent a total of about 20 hours on planes so far (Bali to Jakarta to Singapore to Hong Kong to Chicago) and am looking forward to only two-point-five more hours! New York, here I come.

The strangest things about coming home to the US?
First, the water fountains. Drinking water from the tap is indulgent, and I have to think twice before taking a sip.
Second, the size of people. In Asia, people are generally slimmer and smaller, I feel like I'm in an airport-ful of giants.
Third, the smells. I'd forgotten the sharp aroma of toasted bread and cheese. Yummy.
Finally, the cold. I've been freezing since leaving Singapore - despite wearing a sweatshirt, socks, long pants etc. the flights have been on the slightly shivery side, and stepping of the plane in Chicago was shocking!

Because this blog is named, Kim-in-Indonesia blog, this is the official last entry. I'll back-post about my Bali travels sometime this week. Thanks for reading!

kim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! It was fun keeping up with your adventures for the past few months, look forward to seeing you in person again (maybe at some dance stuff?).