Sunday, September 23, 2007

Yogya Dua

Back in Yogya! I'm here for a month to get a better handle on the language. The minute I stepped off the plane from Ponti I had a good feeling about this place (and not because the weather is dryer and cooler than Kalimantan, but that helps too =). Currently I'm staying at a very traditional Muslim rumah kost with my friend Dessy. The kost is run by a wonderful grandmotherly woman who feeds us constantly with sometimes-delicious, sometimes-strange Javanese food and who has surprisingly good english skills. I'll be going to school full time (6 hours of one-on-one training per day) and also working on some grant proposals while here. school starts tomorrow so I have to get my beauty sleep (and find some dinner in the form of super-spicy javanese food that I'm in love with). Sampai jumpa!

No comments: