Friday, September 14, 2007

No Earthquakes In Borneo

For all of you who have emailed me concerned about tsunamis/earthquakes here in Borneo, thanks for the concern but don't worry!

Borneo is a very safe place because it is in the middle of a tectonic plate (thus no earthquakes) and is protected from tsunamis by the neighboring islands (at least this is what my Indonesian friends tell me). The two biggest dangers to my life here are man-made: motorbikes and airplanes.

If you have friends living in Sumatra you have reason to be concerned, as a big earthquake hit the area wednesday night and there have been tsunami warnings issued for the region all week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am so glad to hear there have been no earthquakes - I have also been wondering whether you have been affected. I sure enjoy your blogs - what an adventure. love you