Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Atrocious

Apologies. Yes, I've been an atrocious blogger. Since February I've been to the field three times, attended a conference in Singapore, thrown together a poster for a nasa meeting and a proposal for free thai satellite imagery, gone on a yoga retreat in Jakarta, eaten porcupine meat, learned how to drive a motorbike in the most wet, slippery, muddy and steep conditions imaginable, and kept myself busy in Ponti at hip-hop dance classes.

If all goes well I'll post these to blogger in the next couple weeks! Thanks for one dedicated reader for kicking me back into writing gear ;) I have no good excuses except for a lack of blog dedication.

But to put you back into the Indonesian spirit: Yesterday night with a couple of good friends I had fried frog. Which tastes like fried chicken (or really fried anything), but the bones are smaller and softer. And then when I got home and opened the door to my kost, a small frog was sitting on my floor staring at me. The irony! The guilt! I don't think I'll be eating frog often in the months to come. Nevertheless it was tasty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're not dedicated to the blogging, and not excited about it, then don't do it. And we won't hold it against you.

It sounds like you've been well, though, which is lovely to hear.